This page lists usage affecting changes on the site.
- API now allows CORS with any domain, so API may be used directly from browsers
- API requests use short term (60s) client based caching to mitigate frequent requests from from browsers
- Update #2
- Suggestions for cards can now be sorted by name, newness (default) or upvotes.
- Note: The main cards are always sorted by newness, unless a search term is present in which case cards are sorted by name
- Upgrade Deck suggestions are always sorted by upvotes
- Quick search now finds cards that only have inferiors without typing the exact card name
- Typing "Lightning B" should now return Lightning Bolt as expected, even if it doesn't have any upgrade suggestions
- Update #1
- Support for split and flip cards
- Existing superior card is no longer pre-selected when adding new suggestions
- Quick search prioritizes exact card name match over cards with suggestions
- New programmatically added suggestions will be shown on first Browse page just like suggestions added by users
- Upgrade Deck -feature no longer suggests cards that are alredy in the deck. E.g. when playing both Murder and Hero's Downfall
- Card database is now updated daily to match the cards available at Scryfall
- New programmatic suggestions and functional reprints are added automatically when card database is updated
- Harshly downvoted cards have a label on them (requires 10 more downvotes than upvotes).
- Harshly downvoted cards can be hidden from results with Labels Filters on Browse page
- UI rework for Browse page
- For smaller screens cards may scaled a bit smaller. Put cursor over them to enlarge.
- Inferior/Superior panels can now be hidden, so you can see more cards for the side you want to see
- Inferior/Superior panels become exclusive if screen width is less than 1070px
- Fixed obsoletes API not showing functional reprint IDs for inferior cards
- Fixed labels not being generated programmatic additions
- Added new cards to database (some M20 spoilers).
- Added Scryfall links for cards
- Use Scryfall images for cards without multiverse id (instead of Gatherer)
- Re-added non-legal cards (Unhinged, etc)
- Functional reprints API now uses "@@@" in place of the cards name in rules text
- Reset functional reprints IDs in the API. The IDs will NOT be reset again in the future
- Added 1 new functional reprint family (now totaling 148) and 3 individual cards to new/existing families (now totaling 306)
- Added 8 new strictly-better suggestions programmatically
- Fixed a scroll issue with small screens when selecting a format or labels to filter on Browse page
- Back/Forward navigation works more intuitively on Browse page. Remembers scroll positions and records format/label filter changes to page history.
- Scroll to top when clicking navigation elements in Browse page (only if top pagination menu is not visible)
- Major UI rework
- Changed card listing layout
- Inferior cards are listed aswell on Browse -page
- Functional reprints are listed for searched cards
- Clicking a card on Browse page or using the searchbox on navbar displays the card Browse page instead of going to Add Suggestion page
- Inferior and superior suggestions can be added via Browse page cards with big "+" sign on them
- Added labels for suggestions indicating "issues" with their worse-better relation if any
- If no suggestions are found for a card name searched on Browse -page, the card database is searched instead
- When worse card is selected on Add Suggetion -page, current superiors are shown, so people know if a suggestion alredy exists
- Mobile-friendly UI
- Added autocomplete for quicksearch
- Adjusted search timers to prevent excessive calls when typing to search inputs, potentially also increasing response speed
- Suggestions adding rules changed
- Color is no longer checked
- If better and worse cards have subtypes/tribes, they must have atleast 1 in common
- Better card may not use manacolors in manacost not present in worse card, hybrid mana is an exception
- Better card may cost more mana of a color, but must still have less or equal CMC. A label is added to better cards that cost more colored mana.
- Better/Worse creature may also have other types. The difference is indicated with a label
- Removed non-playable cards like tokens, schemes, emblems, etc
- Removed cards not legal in any format
- Added suggestion labels to API
- Added some suggestions programmatically (only works for cards with identical rules texts)
- Added About and Changelog pages
- Changed API formats to save bandwidth (the info is available from other sites). Function reprints API uses the same paging format.
- If commander format is selected when ugrading deck, the suggestions must follow the color identity of the cards in the deck
- To speed up Browse -page initial load time, images are only fetched after everything else is ready
- Voting no longer refreshes the page, but is done in the background instead
- Improved functional reprint detection to also detect cards that use their own name in rules text. This pushes functional reprint families from 102 -> 147 and individual cards from 202 -> 306
- Added support for formats. When a format is selected, only upgrades available in that format will be shown. The card to upgrade from may still be from any from format.
- Did some background work for functional reprints (Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic...) They are now available via API, but not yet present in UI.
- Added and fixed issues with color restrictions. The better card must not have colors the worse card doesn't have. (This means the better card may have less colors)
- Suggested better card must not be a functional reprint of the worse card.
- Fixed clipping issue with vote buttons.
- Removed existing suggestions that don't fall under new addition rules.
- If a suggested worse/better card has functional reprints, all reprints are automatically suggested as well.